WHAT IS AUDIO VIDEO TECH AND FILM?!?
This year-long (Semester 1 and Semester 2 of connections) high school course is designed for 8th graders who are interested in pursuing Audio, Video, Film & Technology or Film Pathway at the high school level. If successfully completed, by the conclusion of Audio Video Film & Technology, students will have acquired the foundation to continue into the Audio Video Film & Technology Level 2 class.
Topics covered may include, but are not limited to: safety, basic equipment, script writing, production teams, production, lighting, recording and editing, studio production, professional ethics, shot composition, editing techniques, audio basics, storytelling. Students will work in groups to learn industry standard film and editing techniques. Students will also produce, film, and edit segments for the Jaguar Morning News.
- Individuals considering this course should be self-motivated, dedicated, and responsible.
- Individuals will be expected to complete assignments and projects on time.
- Individuals enrolled in Audio Video Film & Technology should understand that this course is for a high school credit. Assignments, projects and assessments will be of equal rigor to the high school Audio Video Film & Technology.
- Students will be expected to complete the full year once they are enrolled in the Audio Video Film & Technology class (with the exception of extenuating circumstances, no student will be able to drop the class once enrolled).
- Students will have the option to opt-out of the high school credit once the final grade is earned.